The new and improved recipe is also gluten-free, soy-free, and kosher for those with specific food preferences.
Per container, Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese contains:
- 380 calories
- 15g total fat
- 10g saturated fat
- 0g trans fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 820mg sodium
- 55g carbohydrates
- 1g dietary fiber
- 0g total and added sugars
- 5g protein
- 2% DV of calcium, iron, and potassium
Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese’s nutrition facts were obtained from Amy’s Kitchen.
Dietitian Analysis of Nutrition Facts
Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese is a great option if your goal is to taste the comforts of the famous, creamy dish that we all love but are looking to avoid dairy.
It’s a delicious option, but it may not be the best choice if you have health goals or need to avoid sodium and saturated fat for health reasons.
Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese is very high in saturated fat and sodium, which have known associations with chronic nutrition-related diseases like high blood pressure and type II diabetes.
Saturated fat is recommended to be limited to less than 10% of total calorie intake.
For example, if you consumed 2,500 calories in a day, this would be a maximum of 250 calories from saturated fat since fat has 9 calories per gram.
As a good rule of thumb for sodium, aim for products with half the amount of sodium compared with calories.
For example, a 400-calorie item with 200 mg of sodium would be the maximum ratio recommended since the number for sodium is half that of the calories.
Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese is also low in dietary fiber (1g) for the number of carbohydrates (55g), and ideally, you would want a product with at least 3g of fiber.
Fiber aids the digestive system and helps slow down the absorption of sugars to avoid blood sugar spikes that over time can lead to conditions like type II diabetes.
While the saturated fat, sodium, and dietary fiber are not ideal, Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese does contain a good amount of protein at 5g in total.
Overall, I would not recommend this item to meet health goals, but I do recommend it for an occasional treat to get that yum factor!
Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese contains several organic and plant-based ingredients.
- Organic rice pasta (organic rice flour, filtered water)
- Filtered water
- Organic vegan cheddar-style cheeze (filtered water, organic potato, and corn starch, organic coconut oil, sea salt, organic ground sunflower kernels, natural flavor, organic fruit, and vegetable concentrate [carrot, pumpkin, and apple], organic annatto extract [color])
- Organic vegan mozzarella-style cheeze (filtered water, organic potato starch, organic coconut oil, sea salt, organic ground sunflower kernels, natural flavor, organic fruit, and vegetable concentrate [carrot, pumpkin, and apple])
- Organic sweet rice flour
- Organic high oleic safflower and/or sunflower oil
- Sea salt
- Organic nutritional yeast
- Organic mustard seed powder
- Organic annatto (color)
- Includes sunflower seeds
The ingredient list was obtained from Amy’s Kitchen.
Where to Buy Amy’s Vegan Mac & Cheese
Amy’s Kitchen has a ‘Find Near You’ page on their website where you can easily find their products near you.
About Amy’s Kitchen
Amy’s Kitchen was started in 1987 in the kitchen of Andy and Rachel Berliner, named after their daughter.
Family-owned and organically grown, Amy’s Kitchen prioritizes top quality for its customers, employees, and the planet.
Andy and Rachel discovered the need for more ready-made plant-based items in the grocery stores and made it their mission to solve this issue.
It didn’t take long for this concept to take off and soon Amy’s Kitchen expanded its product line, product location, and product quality.
Amy’s Kitchen now includes a variety of items like Amy’s vegan mac and cheese, gluten-free pizzas, and organic soups.
Other Vegan Options at Amy’s Kitchen
Amy’s Kitchen Vegan Wraps/Burritos/Enchiladas
- Bean & Rice Burrito, Non-Dairy (Gluten-free option available)
- Black Bean Burrito
- Black Bean & Quinoa Burrito, Gluten-Free
- Black Bean Tamale Verde
- Black Bean Vegetable Enchilada (Light in sodium option available)
- Enchilada with Spanish Rice & Beans Meal
- Indian Aloo Mattar Wrap, Gluten Free
- Indian Samosa Wrap
- Moroccan Tagine Wrap
- Organic Vegan Bean & Cheese Burrito
- Roasted Vegetable Tamale
- Vietnamese Inspired Banh Mi Wrap
- Vegan Black Bean & Cheeze Enchilada
- Vegan Classic Breakfast Burrito, Gluten-Free
Amy’s Kitchen Vegan Soups
- Indian Golden Lentil Soup
- Lentil & Chickpea Soup
- No Chicken Noodle Soup
- Organic Alphabet Soup
- Organic Black Bean Chili
- Organic Black Bean Vegetable Soup
- Organic Butternut Squash Soup (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Chili with Vegetables
- Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque, Dairy-Free, Vegan
- Organic Chunky Vegetable Soup (Reduced sodium option available)
- Organic Fire Roasted Southwestern Vegetable Soup (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Hearty French Country Vegetable Soup (Reduce sodium option available)
- Organic Hearty Minestrone with Vegetables
- Organic Hearty Rustic Italian Vegetable Soup (Reduced sodium option available)
- Organic Hearty Spanish Rice & Red Bean Soup
- Organic Indian Curried Lentil Soup
- Organic Lentil Soup (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Medium Chili (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Minestrone Soup (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Quinoa, Kale, & Red Lentil Soup
- Organic Red Bean & Vegetable Soup
- Organic Spicy Chili (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Split Pea Soup (Light in sodium option available)
- Organic Tortilla Soup
- Organic Vegan Butternut Squash Bisque
- Organic Vegan Mushroom Bisque
- Organic Vegetable Barley Soup
- Thai Coconut Soup – Tom Kha Phak
- Thai Curry Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
Amy’s Kitchen Vegan Pizza
- Cheeze Pizza, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Single Serve
- Gluten-Free, Vegan Meatless Pepperoni Pizza
- Roasted Vegetable Pizza, Vegan
- Vegan Margherita Pizza
- Vegan Pesto & Roasted Artichoke Veggie Crust Pizza
- Vegan Supreme Pizza
Amy’s Kitchen Vegan Burgers
- All American Veggie Burger
- Organic Black Bean Veggie Burger
- Organic California Veggie Burger (Light in sodium option available)
- Quarter Pound Veggie Burger
- Organic Sonoma Veggie Burger, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- Organic Summer Harvest Veggie Burger
Amy’s Kitchen Vegan Bowls/Other
- Asian Dumpling Bowl
- Breakfast Scramble
- Brown Rice, Black-Eyed Peas, & Veggies Bowl
- Chinese noodles & Veggies
- General Tso’s Bowl
- Harvest Casserole Bowl
- Indian Vegetable Korma
- Organic Chipotle Vegetarian Baked Beans
- Organic Mexican Inspired Veggies & Black Beans
- Organic Moroccan Inspired Vegetable Tagine
- Organic Salsa Verde
- Organic Vegan Rice Mac & Cheeze
- Organic Western Vegetarian Baked Beans
- Pad Thai
- Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash & Chard – Light & Lean
- Spaghetti Italiano – Light & Lean
- Sweet & Sour Asian Noodle – Light & Lean
- Sweet & Sour Bowl
- Thai Green Curry
- Thai Red Curry
- Thai Vegetables & Rice Bowl
- Tofu Scramble
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast
- Vegan Baked Ziti with Cheeze
- Vegan Broccoli & Cheeze Bake
- Vegan Chili Mac & Cheese
- Vegan GF Vegetable Lasagna
- Vegan Mexican Casserole with Cheeze
- Vegan Spinach & Cheeze Ravioli
- Vegan Tortilla Casserole with Cheeze
- Vegetable Pot Pie, Dairy Free
- Veggie Loaf Meal, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- Dreamy Candy, Vegan
- Organic Mint Candy, Vegan
- Sunny Candy, Vegan
Next Blog Article
Previous Blog Article
Rachel Badtke, RDN, CPT is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the American Council on Exercise (ACE). She specializes in holistic wellness and whole food plant-focused nutrition. Rachel holds a Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics and an ACE-approved certificate of completion in Advanced Sports Nutrition.